Monday, February 05, 2007

An Early Read on Super Bowl Sunday

So last night a few folks came over and we did a first read of the current draft of my latest play The Broken Jump. I am happy to report that, overall, I am quite happy with it. Sure, it needs some ham fat trimmed off here and there and there are a few places where the dialogue gets pretty clunky … but overall I thought that it read well. I’ll be doing the first round of re-writes this week before submitting the show to the Fringe Festival and the Midtown International Theatre Festival for production later this year. If not accepted to either (which is likely in this theatrically political environment) then we’ll simply produce the show for a nice long run later in the year.

Much thanks to Mel, Tony, Jeremy, Jess and Rebecca for swinging by and reading the show with me before enjoying the Super Bowl. In unrelated news, I have lots of leftover chow (yet no beer) to keep me eating unhealthily for the next couple of weeks.

Looks like The Talented Talent Brothers are inching closer to our ’07 stage return … and this time in a vehicle vastly different from anything we’ve done before.

It’s Too Damn Cold

Yeah, I know … nobody reads a blog to get an update on the weather. It’s like mindless small-talk being posted on the Internet. But it’s too damn cold to think of much of anything else. This is being written mid-day with a wind chill in NYC of two below. Is it any wonder that I’m getting tired of New York and am seriously considering a move to Vegas? According to weather.com it is currently a brisk 62 degrees in Sin City.

If it is as cold tomorrow morning as it was today – then you can bet dollars to doughnuts that I’ll be working from home … my pale desert skin just can’t adapt to a real arctic blast.

Random Things I’ve Noticed This Week

1) Snickers Ice Cream sandwiches are awesome – even in the dead of winter.

2) People, particularly people in Boston, who think LED advertising with Aqua Teen Hunger Force's mooninite Ignignokt flipping the bird are actually bombs are pure and unadulterated idiots. The district attorney in Boston is the chief idiot, however. Figures … Boston politician … can’t be too damn bright.

3) The Super Bowl commercials this year left a lot to be desired. Prince’s half-time show, tho, was pretty hot.

4) Spiderman 3, Fantastic Four 2 and Ghost Rider all come out within the next few months – Marvel’s gotta be excited ‘cause I know the superhero geek inside of me damn sure is.

5) I’m headed back to San Francisco in March and I couldn’t be more excited. Three years ago I was in SF and it was a great time.

No comments: