A quick Google search of “benefits of fitness” will yield thousands upon thousands of websites telling you about all the great changes fitness can bring to your life. But what about the disadvantages? Nobody seems to walk to talk about those. So, for those of you on the fence about your health and lifestyle, here is a list of all the harmful side-effects of fitness.
1. You will have more energy! C’mon, who needs that, right? Why I bet you love the idea of laying around in bed all day. Bed is awesome. Why would you want to reduce the number of hours you spend laying in it?
3. You’ll become more attractive to the opposite sex! At first, this sounds great, right? But think about it – that means you’ll get more attention, have to return more phone calls, get dressed for dates and go out when there’s really great stuff on TV tonight. Who wants all that drama? Flirting can be exhausting.
4. Your self-confidence will soar! For some of us, getting rid of our daily pity party is just too much to ask for. Once you set and start reaching goals physically, you’ll start doing likewise in other aspects of your life. You’ll completely forget how to just quit. And if you don’t quit, then you won’t be able to crawl in bed and pout (see item 1).
6. You’ll waste money on water! Not only will you be drinking more of it, but you might actually have to take more than one shower a day. After all that exercise, you’ll be covered in sweat and have to wash it off. What? That means your water bill could double? Nobody talks about that expense when heaping praise on exercise.
So, you’re gonna have to ask yourself, “is a fit lifestyle for me?” If you just wanna be an ol’ fat hippo, then maybe not! Living a fit lifestyle requires the power of a ‘potamus … there’s a difference. So which are you gonna be?
July 27 2014
Body Fat: 25.0%
* How accurate are these numbers? Huh ... I don't really know. But I am using the Weight Watchers by Conair Scales Glass Body Analysis Scale Model WW52 to measure my stats. I am less concerned with the accuracy of the numbers themselves and more concerned with the change I hope to see in the future. For consistency's sake, these stats will always come from the same source and appear with my bi-weekly posts.
Most Recent 5K
JLGC Flashback 5K
League City TX
Official Time: 39:06.5
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter