Friday, July 06, 2007

Just Between The Three Of Us

Just between the three of us
Girls, I'm much older than I ever hoped to be
But we do what we must
Although I am lonely, at least I know you're free

I can hear your hearts from here
Laughter and music as you sing and dance and play
The greatest gift to my ear
The only thing that helps me make it through the day

When its early in the Spring
Rise with the morning and put on your Easter dress
We can do most anything
Race through the fields even though your hair's a mess

But hurry on out with me
So many things that we can still do with the day
All the world for us to see
Swim in the ocean and explore around the bay

Though I cannot watch over you
I know through these years that you've watched over me
I'm still someone to turn to
With God's grace I can be a show for you to see

You are always on my mind
I don't think that I would have it any other way
Maybe that suits me just fine
No closure when you constantly relive that day

No comments: