Saturday, June 23, 2007

Funny in a Dark Place

It's easy enough to fall
Bad reputation will have to do
Live my life, it might get rough
It doesn't matter at all
Until it happens to you
But haven't I lost enough?

Not hurt, just lost my smile
I don't quite know where I put it
It's been missing for a little while
Learning to live without it

Gotta find funny in a dark place

It's easy enough to speak
When I am afraid to see
In the midst of all my crimes
That deep inside I am weak
I can never pay my fee
Maybe I've just lost my mind?

Don't stand and applaud for me
Just because a tear streaks down my face
Oh Lord, please help me see
Your reward at the end of this race

And let me find funny in a dark place

Look up to see a blue moon
With it's light shining on me
Beating me down like the sun
Hum myself a little tune
Respect makes me take a knee
And decide that I am not done

Be strong for a little while
Kneeling in the dew and frost
Keep on looking for that smile
The world's not over because I am lost

Grasp hold of the funny in a dark place

1 comment:

SabilaK said...

Dude, where've you been?????