Friday, February 03, 2012

Dance So Slow

Straining to listen to you
talk
over the rumble of the crowded bar
I can only make out every third
word
But some things just don't need to be said
aloud
You take my hand from across the
table
and smile
and a bounty of information is shared

With a glance
I motion to your glass
and you sip
and take a firmer grip of my hand

We walk to the dance floor
Only the bar doesn't have
one
Just an empty space where no one is standing
right now
I pull you close and twitch when your hair pokes my
eye
And we sway,
but not to the rhythm of the song on the radio
because we have our own rhythm, our own
song
playing loud above the cacophony
for our ears
only

With your face close to mine
I take you in
Your perfume, stale smoke and a touch of
bourbon

Dance so slow
we're hardly moving

No comments: