Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Five Months Later

... and I still can't think straight.

... and I still don't understand.

... and I still wake up confused.

... and I've all but given up hope.

In the fall of 2007, I was at my wits' end. I was fighting just to make it through the next day. My body, mind and soul were deteriorating. I felt I would have to make some drastic changes to maintain my health and my sanity. So on a whim, I up and moved south ... and faced challenge after challenge to build a "new" life ... but in doing so, for a time, beat back the health issues, the personal issues, the financial issues ... made friends, found love (or at least I sure as hell thought I did) and created a new career. I started out weak and alone, but developed strength and renewed my own integrity.

... and I'm back in the same boat.

... but this time I have more confidence in myself.

... I know that I am filled with righteousness.

... I know that I am not the one giving up.

But I'm feeling another whim coming on.

...

...

No comments: